Staten Solar, with offices in the Silicon Valley, California and India, is an experienced EPC contractor and financier for solar PV projects. We are primarily focused on the solar market in India and the United States and we have experience from over 100 MW of projects under our belt. It is our belief that the 21st century belongs to the clean energy revolution. We invite you to be a part of our rewarding journey.
We are seeking candidates who are driven, highly ethical and collaborative team members keen to focus their abilities on making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix. This position is based at our Silicon Valley, California office.
- Negotiate purchasing contracts and agreements with service and component suppliers.
- Keep track of industry pricing trends and formulate plans of action.
- Implement and enforce purchasing processes and inventory control.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices.
- Monitor contracts/agreements to insure compliance with terms and conditions and determine any need for changes.
- Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Maintain spend/volume reports on key components to enable volume negotiation.
- Review orders for bill of materials for projects and advice of potential savings to PM.
- Manage “drip” parts supplies.
- Track and expedite orders and investigate order problems as required.
- Maintain serial number tracker by project.
- Maintain all purchasing records and documents and work with accounting to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Manage the start-up process for new suppliers.
- Understands project scope, scheduling, priority milestones, and coordination procedures.
- Coordinates and cooperates with Sales & Project Managers to ensure expedient exchange of information needed to complete each project milestone.
- Manages procurement POs, supply agreements, and delivery schedules.
Technical Knowledge/experience with:
- Project management.
- Familiar with construction and supply contracts.
- Understanding of budgets and financial models.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with clients.
- Solid technical background of solar systems and/or components. This includes photovoltaic modules, racking or tracking systems, inverters, balance-of-system (AC and DC), transformers, switchgear.
- Experience in solar industry preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office products.
- Familiarity with quick books PO module.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails.
- Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions.
Staten Solar is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.