This position is based at our Silicon Valley, California office.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate with development and engineering to develop preliminary design budgets.
• Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
• Conduct site visits for sales team to evaluate buildability, electrical requirements, and customer requirements for cost impact.
• Develop solar projects, simultaneously managing land development and permitting, interconnection, and off-take timelines.
• Create full project development schedules and high-level construction and interconnection schedules, to establish reasonable and achievable construction start and commercial operation dates.
• Serve as technical and coordination lead during project development to assist with supporting staff success during all phases of EPC. Use technical resources within company to find the correct answer.
• Key focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, safety and quality.
• Drive safety initiatives and expectations for the region and specific projects.
• Maintain/oversee daily field operations; full support of staff (Engineering, Procurement, Superintendents/Foreman), along with associated operating costs.
• Coordination of installation schedules; management of staffing to ensure on time completion.
• Coordination of permitting for projects, team building, customer management, stakeholder management, and commissioning.
Technical Knowledge/Experience with:
• Project management and development from sale to commissioning of Commercial and Agricultural Solar Projects (20kw to 1.2mW).
• Solar and Electrical field experience is highly valued.
• Combine Technical experience with Project Management skills to fit the role.
• Familiar with construction and supply contracts.
• Understanding of budgets and financial models.
• Able to establish and maintain good relations with clients.
• Solid technical background of solar systems and/or components. This includes photovoltaic modules, racking or tracking systems, inverters, balance-of-system (AC and DC), transformers, switchgear.
• Experience in solar industry required.
• Fluent in MS Office products.
• Capable of travelling to sites all around territory and performing site visits (expected to be about 60% annual time).
• Proven track record of excellent/productive written skills for report preparation.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails.
• Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions.
• Must be able to read construction plans including electrical and structural to review stakeholders. Standard permitted Solar Plans and added details are provided.
• Must have Project management skills and be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment as well as work on self-directed independent projects. Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience in the planning, design and/or operations of photovoltaic systems or advanced degree.
• Experience in the field with Solar, Electrical and construction projects are required.
Staten Solar is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.