Position: Lead PV Installer
Staten Solar is hiring an experienced Solar PV Installer with installation knowledge in the commercial Solar space. Our PV installer’s are responsible for installing all aspects of a solar installation, mechanical and minor electrical. Must have a high work ethic, clock work punctuality, good communication skills and a sense of pride in the quality of their installations. Base office is located Milpitas, CA. but travelling to installation outside of the bay area may be required at times.
Solar Installer Responsibilities
- Assist in the creation of an accurate bill of materials
- Direct other members of the construction crew.
- Able to “walk” the project in the planning phase and capture near 100% of all expected tasks and materials required.
- Prepare the array for commissioning (pre-commission).
- Good understanding of the NEC including article 690.
- Perform mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Perform Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Perform voltage testing using appropriate PPE and procedures
- Responsible for good inventory management on the site.
- Observe tight tool/asset tracking at the job level.
- Follow procedures, and in some cases author them as part of your normal work functions
- Maintains adherence to Company policies, quality, environmental health and safety policies and good housekeeping practices. Identifies and corrects gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks and provides recommendations to management
- Able to work on a slanted roof (ocassionally)
- Carry out any other tasks delegated by the company
- Collaborative Attitude
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations
- Demonstrated Experience installing PV systems
- Demonstrated Experience installing all types of grid-tier inverters and be able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
- Experience building carports is a plus
- Electrical knowledge/training
- Must have good prioritization, organization, analytical and planning skills
- Must be flexible to consider others ideas, be able to adapt to new situations.
- Uncompromising integrity and exemplary work ethic
Competitive Compensation, Comprehensive Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience (3 references)
- Lead as a Solar Installer: 1 year
- PV installer certification (NABCEP) preferred
- Contractor’s license: preferred
- Military training preferred
- Bilingual; English/Spanish speaker: preferred.