Position: Sr. Solar Commercial Sales Engineer
Staten Solar is a Solar EPC company that designs and builds system for ground mounts, rooftops, and carports. Our team is unique in that we never give up, no matter how tough, or unusual the roof or topography constraints are.
We are looking for a Sr. Solar Commercial Sales Engineer to expand our growing team. For this position, you will providing technical guidance, preliminary design, and engineering support for commercial and small utility scale PV systems for the sales and operation team.
- Provide preliminary design and production estimate for commercial and utility scale PV solar systems between 25kW and 5MW in size with a focus on maximizing output while maintaining code compliance
- Provide realistic timeline and setting customer expectation by evaluating blueprints, plans, and estimating product cost and labor.
- Provide engineering support for the entire life cycle of the project from proposal, to site survey, to engineering, to equipment selection, to permitting, to training, and construction.
- Understanding of customer demand, market trend, and competitors.
- Identify new product opportunities and complete RFP’s.
- Maintain compliance with all AHJ, NEC, and other applicable code.
- Retrieving customer specific electrical and structural information and AHJ specific requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in EE
- 3-5+ years of engineering experience in solar electric design of 100 kW or larger
- NABCEP Certified is a plus
- Expert level understanding of NEC
- Experience with storage is a plus
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with AutoCad, PVsyst, Helioscope, Google Earth, Engineering Tool Base or other solar proposal tools.