Position: Lead Carport Installer
Staten Solar is hiring an experienced Carport Installer with installation knowledge in the commercial Solar space. Our Carport installer’s are responsible for installing all aspects of a carport from site preparation, placing support structure and concrete and structure assembly. Must have a high work ethic, clock work punctuality, good communication skills and a sense of pride in the quality of their installations. Base office is located Milpitas, CA. but travelling to installation outside of the bay area may be required at times.
Carport Installer Responsibilities
- Assist in the creation of an accurate bill of materials
- Direct other members of the construction crew.
- Able to “walk” the project in the planning phase and capture near 100% of all expected tasks and materials required.
- Responsible for good inventory management on the site.
- Observe tight tool/asset tracking at the job level.
- Follow procedures, and in some cases author them as part of your normal work functions
- Maintains adherence to Company policies, quality, environmental health and safety policies and good housekeeping practices. Identifies and corrects gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks and provides recommendations to management
- Carry out any other tasks delegated by the company
Ability to read and comprehend mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations
Demonstrated Experience installing carports, Solar carports preferred
Able to work with various ground mount racking systems for solar, a plus
Experience building carports is a requirement
Must have good prioritization, organization, analytical and planning skills
Must be flexible to consider others ideas, be able to adapt to new situations.
Uncompromising integrity and exemplary work ethic
Competitive Compensation, Comprehensive Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience (3 references)
Lead as a Carport Installer: 1 year
Contractor’s license: preferred
Military training preferred
Bilingual; English/Spanish speaker: preferred.