Position: Construction Manager
Staten Solar is hiring an experienced Construction Manager and Foreman in Solar with extensive PV installation knowledge in the commercial Solar space especially with Carports. Our Construction Manager/Foremen are responsible for seamless coordination with the Project Manager, detailed construction, material and resource plan, securing and coordinating the site work from inception to commissioning and insuring PTO. Must have a top-notch work ethic, clock work punctuality and good attendance, concise and congruent communication and ability to create and maintain organized documentation. Base office is located Milpitas, CA. Travelling is part of this job to be effective, our projects are currently located between Sacramento, the bay area and LA. The Construction Manager is expected to be on the job site, leading the construction crew and able to proficiently perform every assembly task from ground to interconnection.
Construction Manager Responsibilities
- Conduct the site survey together with Project Manager
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Obtain permits and licenses
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Prepare Balance of System Bill of Materials
- Identify the resources required to complete every step of the construction process (labor, equipment, tools)
- Able to “walk” the project in the planning phase and capture near 100% of all expected tasks and materials required.
- Budgeting: Estimate man hours of work (above 90% accuracy is expected).
- Able to effectively communicate change orders.
- Able to see around the corner (identify potential risks to the project and create mitigations)
- Prepare the array for commissioning and in many cases perform the commissioning process.
- Perform commissioning of inverters, padmount transformers, SCADA equipment
- Thorough understanding of the NEC including article 690.
- Performing mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Performing Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Perform voltage testing using appropriate PPE and procedures
- Prepare reports, if needed, to comply with deliverables in construction contracts
- Attend training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety and able to impart such training to construction crews.
- Observe thorough material receiving and inventory control
- Observe tight tool/asset tracking at the job level.
- Follow procedures, and in some cases author them as part of your normal work functions
- Maintains adherence to Company policies, quality, environmental health and safety policies and good housekeeping practices. Identifies and corrects gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks and provides recommendations to management
- Carry out any other tasks delegated by the company
- Collaborative Attitude
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations
- Demonstrated experience in the construction industry
- Demonstrated Experience installing, and troubleshooting PV systems
- Demonstrated Experience installing all types of grid-tier inverters and be able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
- Demonstrated experience building carports
- Electrical knowledge/training
- Must have good prioritization, organization, analytical and planning skills
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas and communicate congruently.
- Must be flexible to consider others ideas, be able to adapt to new situations.
- Uncompromising integrity and exemplary work ethic
- Competent skills using Microsoft office suite: Outlook, Excel, Word
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction lead during carport construction: 1yr
- Lead as a Solar Installer: 1 year
- PV installer certification (NABCEP) preferred
- Contractor’s license: preferred
- Military training preferred
- Bilingual; English/Spanish speaker: preferred
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field preferred
- Work references required (3)