Position: Commercial Solar Energy Sales Representative
About the position:
The primary purpose of this position is to establish and maintain key relationships with potential customers and win/close commercial solar projects. The candidate is expected to be the primary regional expert in the company and must be able to develop and implement successful plans to win new commercial solar business. This position is based at our HQ in Milpitas, CA.
• Ability to communicate effectively with and close deals with C level executives but also work with all key customer decision makers and recommenders.
• Strong lead generation knowledge and ability.
• Strong understanding of financial concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR, etc.)
• Successful track record selling commercial solar projects or similar sales activities.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to spend time in-person with customers and travel within assigned territory.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands.
• Independent and self-motivated with the ability to meet competing deadlines effectively.
• Problem solver who can accurately assess, solve, implement, and communicate solutions.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Sales of commercial and utility scale solar electric systems.
• Expertise and efficiency in lead generation.
• Conduct cold and warm calls to prospective clients.
• Generate proposals, quotes, and formal RFP responses.
• Close PPA and EPC contracts for solar projects larger than 100kW.
• Work independently and with senior management team to develop and execute on strategic plans to win identified opportunities.
• Assist with identification of technical and material solutions to optimize system competitiveness.
• Lead project hand-off to design and operations team for closed business.
• Gather key market intelligence in targeted vertical markets to facilitate sales efforts.
Job Type: Full-time
• Solar sales, B2B sales, business sales, lead generation, closing deals: 3-5 years
• Base Salary + Commission
• Top sales reps OTE exceed $250,000 annual compensation
• Health and Dental benefits
• Employee referral program
Staten Solar is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.